Spring Final Exam Study Guide 2010
1. How do you save a new presentation for the first time ?
2. What is the SmartArt graphic.
3. Explain the difference between SmartArt graphics, dynamic and exciting graphics.
is the main difference between linking and embedding?
5. What is PowerPoint?
6. What is the logo master?
7. How do you embed a Word file in the PowerPoint?
8. What is the destination file?
9. What are speaker’s notes?
10. What is the Slide Sorter view ?
11. How do you move between cells in a table?
12. What is WordArt?
13. What features are available with Chart settings?
14. What is the Outline tab?
15. How do you set a tab?
16. What is a hyperlink ?
17. What are tool?
18. What buttons enable you to jump from slide to slide, and are assigned hyperlinks to direct their actions?
19. How do you reorder slides ?
20. How do you give others access to your presentation?
21. How do you set slide timings, transitions, and animations?
22. What dialogue box do you use to format shapes.
23. How can you move a graphic in 90-degree increments to the right?
24. How can you change the font, style, size, effects, and color?
25. In Slide Show view, each slide how much room?
26. The area ____of the status bar shows which slide is displayed in the Slide pane and the total number of slides in the presentation.
27. When you run the presentation, a navigational __________ appears in the lower-left corner of the screen.
28. The ____ slide introduces your presentation to your audience.
29. ____ view gives you an overview of all the slides in a presentation.
30. The list of ____ Templates contains the template files that were last opened.
31. If you make a mistake while using an Office program, you can press ______ to undo the last entry.
32. PowerPoint can ________ fonts into your presentation so that your text appears exactly as you originally created it.
33. Using the Handouts option, you can print handouts with ____ slides per page. FIGURE 1-1PowerPoint Case 1-1Nathan was in charge of training Sales Managers on how to give presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007. An important part of the training was to review the capabilities accessed by Slide Show Shortcut Menu in Figure 1-1.
34. The Sales Managers wanted to have the ability to make notes on the actual slide as they were giving a presentation. Nathan directed them to use the ____ command.
35. The Sales Managers also wanted to be able to switch to Microsoft Internet Explorer, which would be another open program on their computer, during the presentation. Nathan directed them to use the ____ command.
36. The ____ is how objects are placed on a slide. PowerPoint Case 1-2Cindy is an advertising executive and is preparing a presentation for important potential clients. She wants to add animation to the slide, though she also wants to closely control the timing of the animation. 37. To set up the animation, Cindy should use PowerPoint’s ____ view.
38. Unless you have a particular reason for creating a presentation from a blank document, it iseasier and less time consuming to use a ____ already containing placeholders.
39. To add speaker notes, click in the Notes pane below the slide and begin typing, or switch to ____.
40. On the ____, include any text or formatting that you want to appearon all your speaker notes.
41. To change the appearance of the bullets throughout a presentation, make the changes on the ____.
42. In Normal view, PowerPoint places the new slide ____, using the same layout as the selected slide.
43. The Show Advanced Timeline feature displays the time of the animation as a ____.
44. ____ allow you to use predefined paths for the movement of an object.
45. When you hover over a theme, the name of the theme appears, and the selected slide will show a ____ of the effect of the theme on the slide. 46. You can use a(n) ____ to change the appearance of your slides without changing the content.
47. When you select text in a placeholder, the border of the placeholder is a ____.
48. If a content placeholder appears on a slide, you can choose from ____.
49. When a sound is on a slide, you will see the sound icon on the ____.
50. The best view to use when you work on the transitions is ____ since you can see all the slides at one time. FIGURE 2-1 PowerPoint Case 2-1Leah needs to find some words and replace others in her presentation. She will use the Replace text box shown in Figure 2-1. 51. Leah’s boss thinks the word “new” is overused and asked Leah not to use it in her presentation. She will search for it in her presentation by filling in the word “new” in the ____.
52. To add an organization chart to a slide, you can apply a Content layout to a slide and then click the SmartArt Graphic ____ in the content placeholder.
53. The chart gives a ____ representation of numeric data.
54. To modify a table’s borders, fill, or text boxes, select the table to open the ____ tab on the Ribbon
55. If all the text in each column in a table doesn’t fit in the cell, you can double-click ____ to widen the entire column so all text in any cell in that column fits on one line.
56. The three rotate commands on the Arrange menu do NOT include ____.
57. To animate a SmartArt graphic, click the Animations tab on the ____, click the Custom Animation button, and then in the Custom Animation task pane, click the Add Effect button.
58. To create a shape from the text, in the WordArt Styles group, click the Text Effects button, point to ____, and then click the shape you want.
59. To include a table on a slide, you can use the Content slide layout and click the ____ icon to open the Insert Table dialog box.
60. As you rotate an object, the pointer will appear as a ____.
61. To bring an object forward or send it backward, select the object you want to move, and click the Bring to Front, Send to Back, Bring Forward, or Send Backward command in the ____ group on the Drawing Tools Format tab.
FIGURE 3-1 PowerPoint Case 3-1Celia is adding some Excel charts to her PowerPoint presentation. Please refer to the figure above to answer the questions below.
62. Celia notices that the datasheet on the right-hand side of the window has data in it already. How should she change the data?
63. In order to type 2005, 2006, and 2007 as column labels, what steps should Celia take? PowerPoint Case 3-2Derek is designing a new logo for his motorbike company to add to all of the PowerPoint slides. He is working with shapes.
64. Derek inserted an illustration of his signature red motorbike. He wants to rotate the front of the motorbike to look like it is ready to jump. What should he do?
65. Derek wants to draw a sideways triangle in front of the bike to make it look like the bike is about to hit a ramp. How does he add the triangle?
66. A ____ is the easiest kind of document to import because it is formatted with styles.
67. To change a font throughout your presentation to another font, on the Home tab on the Ribbon, click the Replace list arrow, and then click ____ to open the Replace Fonts dialog box.
68. A ____ show is a way to limit the slides in any slide show for a particular audience.
69. To set up the slide show, on the ____ tab on the Ribbon, click the Set Up Slide Showbutton.
70. The ____ is where you have the text, chart, numbers, or whatever data it is you want to bring into the presentation.
71. To align a text box or picture, you can add ____ to the slide as you are creating it.
72. To use the Reuse Slides task pane, click the ____ button, and then click Reuse Slides.
73. You do not have to be present with the slide show to pass along your feedback. You can insert ____ in the slide for others to see.
74. If you click a guide and begin to drag it, a ScreenTip appears with ____.
75. To rehearse timing for a presentation, in the Slide Show tab in the Set Up group, click the____ button.
76. ____ include the author name, document title, subject, keywords, category, and status.
FIGURE 4-1 PowerPoint Case 4-1Simon wants to send his presentation via e-mail. Please refer to the figure above while answering the questions below.
77. Simon has the presentation he wants to e-mail open. He now wants to e-mail it to a co-worker. What should Simon do to have the presentation sent as an attachment?
78. Once Simon sends the presentation to his co-worker, what happens to the presentation that was sent?
PowerPoint Case 4-2Kaley is copying data from other programs into PowerPoint. She is using some of the Paste Special options to paste the information.
79. The first data that Kaley is pasting is text from a Word Document. She wants to paste it so that she can continue to edit this portion of text in Microsoft Word. What Paste Special option should Kaley use to paste the Word Document text?
80. Next, Kaley wants to insert text into the presentation so that it can be read by a browser. She would choose to use the ____ Paste Special option. Identify the letter of the choice that best matches the phrase or definition.
81. Displays thumbnails that you can move and arrange easily
82. How objects are placed on a slide
83. Displays one slide at a time and is useful for editing text
84. Preview your presentation as if it were showing on a slide projector
85. Shows thumbnails of your slides, on the left side of your screen
86. Allows you to jump to another slide, file, or to a Web site if you are connected to the Internet.
87. Allows you to use predefined paths for the movement of an object.
88. Click this to make adjustments to the animation effects.
89. Determine how one slide is removed from the screen and how the next one appears.
90. What makes slide shows fun and interesting to watch.
91. The horizontal cells of a table
92. A worksheet that appears with a chart and has the numbers for that chart
93. The vertical cells of a table
94. Visual way to display numerical data in a presentation
95. The intersection of a column and a row
96. If you format an object with certain attributes, and want to format another object the same way, you can use this feature
97. Feature that you can use to make sure you don’t send personal or confidential information with your presentation
98. Buttons inserted on a slide that are hyperlinked to other locations
99. The file where you have the text, numbers, data, or whatever you want to bring into the presentation
100. An object where if you update the source file, the data in the destination file will also be updated