New ideas for this week!
- Indoor camping-grab your flashlights, sleeping bags, snacs, and tell stories!
- Outdoor camping-same as above and maybe cook some s'mores!
- Take lunch outside and have a picnic
- Beach Day at Home-It’s getting warmer and sunny out! You can’t take them to the beach but you can bring the beach indoors at bath time! Have them pick out there favorite swimsuit! Fill up the bathtub, take out the beachtowels, swim toys, sunglasses, and goggles! Play some great music. Time to chill at the pool! (or take it outside if it's warm enough!)
Links for virtual experiences and activities
- Storyline Online- a website full of stories read aloud by celebrities
- Monterey Bay Aquarium -live web cams of various animals (PST times)
- Scholastic Classroom Magazine- offers reading and lesson plans for the week
- Ballet with Tiler Peck -offering ballet at 12 CST daily via instagram live (she's a dancer with the NYC Ballet!)
- Can animals laugh? -Mystery Science video
- Right Now Media - This is Netflix for Christians! There are Christian kids shows, programs for teens, and adult Bible studies. You can't go to church right now, but your family can still deepen your walk with God. (I included how to get logged in with the newsletter)
Some other ideas:
- Use water to paint letters on the sidewalk
- Eat a snack that starts with the letter of the week
- Can they act out the memory verse
- Cook something together
- Be sure to take pics so you can look back
- Keep a journal and write it together
- Use play dough to make letters and numbers
Daily Dose of Nature-get out and have some fun with this activities the entire family can enjoy!