Distance Learning 101: Planning a Distance Education Program
Welcome to DL101 – a study group to help you become a certified Distance Learning Teacher. Over the course of five weeks, you will work to develop your skills as a distance education facilitator with knowledge in the following areas:
- Recruitment: where will your organization look for students who will study at a distance?
- Orientation: how will you orient students to the requirements of being a distance student?
- Teaching: what curriculum will you offer distance students? How will you support students who are studying on their own?
- Assessment: how will you keep track of distance students and measure their progress in your organization?
The study group assignments for each week are described on the Home page of this website
Before you begin
- Familiarize yourself with this website. Find out where you can find the file on your computer. You will want to set up a special folder on your computer where you keep all the assignments from this study group. Practice moving downloaded files to this folder.
- Make sure you have a copy of the Handbook of Distance Education for Adult Learners–the textbook for this study group. An electronic version of this document can be found in the Download section of this website.
- Click the 'Register' button and register for this class. We are excited to facilitate this training with such an interactive group of educators.
- Keep track of the syllabus and assignments and communicate with the facilitator if you have questions.