I love my SMART Board! I wonder how I taught without it!
SMART Board Tips:
*Create a "Daily" section in "My Content". This can be a place for timers, lined pages, assignment sheets, random generators, and anything else you use on a regular basis.
*Create a "Brain Break" section in "My Content." You can easily go to this page when you need to fill a few minutes of time in the classroom or if you just need a little break. Here are a few ideas for this page:
1. Make up a story. Each person adds one sentence to the story.
2. Write as many words as you can that fit in a certain category: beginning with a letter of the alphabet, nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, science words, math words, states, etc.
3. Write in code. Create a slide with a code such as A=1, B=2. Kids can use the code to write their names, spelling words, or sentences.
4. Write a number on the top of the slide. How many ways can you make this number? For example, if the number is 15 - you can write 14+1 or 3x5 or 20-5. Can also write a dollar amount and kids can create ways to make that amount with coins.
5. Find an interesting picture to discuss or write about.
6. Write spelling words one letter at a time.
7. Here are a few fun websites when you need a break: