One element of culture is SOCIAL ORGANIZATION (Groups)
Your job as a group is to make a Popplet that identifies the basic elements of social organization listed below.
- Provide a kid-friendly definition for a social organization
- Explain why social organizations are important in a culture
- Determine the difference between primary groups and secondary groups in a social organization
- Identify and explain 5 examples of social organizations (groups)
- Identify at least 4 characteristics that all social groups have in common
Be creative and have fun. Make sure your popplet contains at least three pictures. Your group will present your Popplet to the class for a presentation grade. Use the graphic organizer to make sure you have compiled all of the necessary information to create your popplet. The websites provided below are the only websites that you may use for this assignment. You may not copy word for word from any of these websites.
1. Purpose for Social Groups and Importance to Culture
2. Primary and Secondary Groups
3. Examples of Social Groups
4. Characteristics of Social Groups