One element of culture is RELIGION
Your job as a group is to make a Popplet that teaches the class all about religions.
Your Popplet must:
- Provide a kid-friendly definition for religion
- Define the two forms of religion: Monotheism and Polytheism
- Identify the belief system of each of the five major religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hindusim, Buddism
- Identify 3 interesting facts about each religion and its purpose (example: food eaten, clothing worn, symbols, ceremonies, religious festivals, etc…)
Be creative and have fun. Make sure your Popplet contains at least three pictures and you can explain those pictures. Your group will present your Popplet to the class for a presentation grade. The websites provided below are the only websites you may use for this assignment. You may not copy word for word from any of these websites.
- Definition of religion. (You may use a dictionary)
- Define Monotheism and Polytheism
- Define the beliefs of the 5 major religions of the world: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hindusim, Buddism
- 4. Use the website above to find three interesting facts about each religion. Be sure to explain the purpose of each fact.