Work Permits


East Allegheny High School Work Permit Procedure


In the event that a student needs a work permit, a parent/guardian must come to the high school guidance office (located in the front of the building) to sign a work permit application, and bring the student's birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate.  The work permit application then needs to be completed by a prospective employer and a physician.  The physician's statement is effective for one year from the date of the application.  Once this is completed, the student can return the application to the high school guidance office, where they then will receive the appropriate work permit according to age.  Students aged 15 and under will have a yellow permit mailed directly to the employer that the employer keeps and is only good for that specific job.  Each employer will need a separate work permit.  Students who are 16 and older will receive a blue work permit that the student keeps and is good for any employer.  If you have any questions regarding work permits, please call Mrs. Gorski, Guidance Secretary, at 412-824-9700, x1500.  Work permits are issued 7:30 – 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.

For further information regarding the Pennsylvania Child Labor Law, you can visit: from the Department of Education’s website.