Part 1: Definitions
- These are the vocabulary words we worked for Unit 7.1 and 7.2
- Please do the following:
- Find the definition for each word.
- Use the definition, correctly, in a sentence.
- Draw a image or picture that helps explain the word.
- There are about 70 words, so only go through section 7.1. We will do section 7.2 next week.
- So, you only have to do 8 or 9 a day to complete 7.1 this week.
Part 2: One-Page Paper
When you are done pick one word and write a one-page paper on that word.
- The first paragraph should include the definition and a final sentence that connects the definition to the second paragraph.
- The second paragraph should be about why we care about this particular word.
- So maybe something like, "We might use this word in the following way..." Or, "This word is valuable because we use it in the following way..."
- You will then write a paragraph about how the vocabulary word is used. Feel free to give examples.
- The last paragraph should be about why you choose the word.
- This paper should be sent to email@example.com sometime before the Monday, April 27.
- Make sure you try the activity associated with these words.
Week 2: Activity 1
While the weather is still cold, I want you to do an activity using powdered chocolate.
You will want to do this activity twice, once with warm milk the second time with cold milk.
- You will make a glass of chocolate putting the milk in first and then the chocolate on top.
- Observe the chocolate, how does it mix with the milk? What vocabulary word best describes the action you see?
- Set a timer on your phone, how long does it take for the chocolate to mix with the milk? Is there a difference in the time for hot milk verses cold milk? Come up with a hypothesis as to why there could be a difference.
- Check on the internet to see if your hypothesis was correct or not.
Week 2: Activity 2
- Can you come up with a mnemonic that helps us remember the difference between stalactites and stalagmites?
- Please send a copy of your mnemonic to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:30pm on Saturday, April 25.