Earth Science Week 4
Part 1: Unit 8 Vocabulary
These are the vocabulary words we worked for Unit 8. Please do the following:
- Find the definition for each word.
- Use the definition, correctly, in a sentence.
- Draw a image or picture that helps explain the word.
There are about 15 words so this should go fast.
Chapter 8 vocabulary should all be done by the end of the week.
- Make sure to send me your vocab to my email
Part 2: One-Page Paper
When you are done pick one word and write a one-page paper on that word.
The first paragraph should include the definition and a final sentence that connects the definition to the second paragraph.
The second paragraph should be about why we care about this particular word.
For example: We might use this word in the following way. Or this word is valuable because we use it in the following way.
You will then write a paragraph about how the vocabulary word is used. Feel free to give examples.
The third and last paragraph should be about why you choose the word.
- This paper should be sent to my email sometime before Monday, May 11.
Part 3: Activity Associated with Vocabulary
- We have already learned the water cycle, 1st semester, can you still draw it out?
- If not look it up and draw it. It is one of the key cycles every student should know.
- Answer this question:
- If we have a water cycle why do people always tell you to conserve water?
- Doesn’t it just recycle?
- Explain and add to the bottom of your vocab paper.
Watch the following videos
- Video: How Do Wastewater Treatment Plants Work?
- Video: Aquifer Explanation Animation
Part 4: Activity for the Week
- You can find, watch, and copy a YouTube video here, or be a scientist and try to figure it out on your own.
- Take some dirty water, colored water, particulated water, and try to figure out a way to start with dirty water and end up with clear water.
- Write up your experiment and add to the bottom of your vocabulary sheet.