Earth Science Week 6
- File: Vocabulary List
- We have new words for this week. I know that makes you happy!
- When you are done pick one word and write a one-page paper on that word.
- You will be watching some video’s and activities for the week.
- You will show me what you have done by sending a picture to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you try the activity.
We have already discussed how the suns short waves bounce off the atmosphere and the long waves are held in my it so we can heat the planet. This week we are going to look at how that balance works and in some cases doesn’t work.
Day 1: Watch the Video
- Video: The Atmosphere
- Write down and learn the layers
- What is each layer used for?
- Where is the ozone layer and what is happening with it?
- Draw and try to do the concept map with the video
- Did you learn these vocabulary words?
- El Nino
- Rainy season(s)
- Thermohaline Circulation
- Video: Atmosphere Layers Song
Day 2: Telling Weather Instruments
- Video: Weather Instruments Notes
- Write down the tools and what they do.
Day 3: Clouds and Weather
- Video: How To Predict The Weather By Looking At The Clouds
- Video: Weather 101 - A Tutorial on Cloud Types
- Take notes on the names of clouds and where they are and what they indicate
Days 4: Watch the Video
- Video: Air Masses and Fronts
Record the types of air masses and what they do or tell us
Day 5: Activity
- Video: Make a Rain Gauge
- It says you need some rocks but modeling clay, glue or any other non-permiable substance will work.
- Watch the video and try to make your own rain gauge.
- If you would like to make a different tool from the weather instrument video that is ok.
- Send me your pictures of the process and the final product.
- Send me pictures of your answers, your experiment, and your final paper by Saturday of this week to: email@example.com