Earth Science Week 7
Unit 9 Pt. 2 Happy Memorial Day
- File: Week 9 Vocab Words
- We have new words for this week. I know that makes you happy!
- When you are done pick one word and write a one-page paper on that word.
You will be watching some video’s and activities for the week.
You will show me what you have done by sending a picture(s) to: email@example.com
Make sure you try the activity.
- Last week you make your own weather gage and hopefully it worked.
- This week we are going to look at the factures that go into predicting the weather.
Take notes on each which you should post at the end of the week
Day 1: Predicting the Weather
- Video: How Do Forecasters Predict the Weather?
- Video: How are weather forecasts made?
- Video: This weather forecasting model is actually accurate
Day 2: What does land mass or water have to do with weather
- Video: Weather Forecasting - Air Masses and Fronts
- Video: Understanding Global Atmospheric Circulation
Day 3: What do the polar caps do for us
- Video: NASA - The Arctic and the Antarctic Respond in Opposite Ways
- Video: Climate Change: Arctic warming pushes winter weather further south
- Video: This Will Happen When All The Ice Melts On Earth
Day 4: What are the different climate zones?
- Video: Weather vs. Climate: Crash Course Kids #28.1
- Video: Climates of the Earth
- Video: Symphony of Science - Our Biggest Challenge
Day 5: Activity - Make a cloud
- Watch the video and try it!
Send me pictures of your answers, your experiment, and your final paper
By Saturday (at the latest) of this weeks work to: firstname.lastname@example.org