English I / English I Pre-AP
Mrs. Elizabeth Ivey Restaino
Dear Parents and guardians,
Welcome back to another school year. My name is Elizabeth Ivey Restaino, and I will be your child’s English I teacher this year. I have recently married, and am in the process of changing my name from Ivey to Restaino. Sorry for any confusion this may cause during the year. I will happily answer to either name.
I know this is a busy time of year, so here are a few key things you may need to know about this class.
- Your student will need a 1-2’’ binder for this class only, with 4 dividers and notebook paper.
- There WILL be homework at least a few nights a week, despite what your student may say.
- I give out grade sheets every three weeks or more, and post grades in class on a regular basis. Students can return grade sheets signed for extra credit. If you haven’t seen a grade sheet from your student in over 3 weeks, contact me.
- I encourage you to sign up for the Parent Portal (http://www.elginisd.net/2K5/pp/main.htm) where you can check the grades and attendance of your student online, and get emails if he or she misses class or receives a failing grade.
- My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org ; if it gets sent back for some reason, my hotmail address is email@example.com .
- You can contact me by email, or by phone at 512-281-3438 extension: (will know in August)
- Extra credit: Is only available to students by turning in unused restroom passes at the end of the 6 weeks, or signed grade sheets. Please do not ask for extra credit for a student who is failing due to missing assignments. It is vital that the student complete the coursework to receive credit. I will always work with a student to make up missing assignments for partial credit.
I look forward to meeting you the evening of our open house, which will be announced when school begins. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any concern. Email is the best way, but phone always works as well. I will know my conference time when school starts, but I know I will be available each day from 4:30-5:00.
Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
Elizabeth Ivey Restaino