The goals of this course are as stated in the curriculum guide for the Intermediate French Immersion Program in Newfoundland and Labrador, reflecting best practices in teaching and research findings in French Immersion.
In and through our French language learning we hope to:
- recognize language as a tool for thinking, communicating, problem solving and learning.
- integrate language, literature and culture.
- elaborate curriculum outcomes.
- focus on language functions and language forms in meaningful contexts.
- place equal emphasis on the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- advocate a learner-centered Français Language Arts program.
Taken from: Arts Langagiers 7e, 8e, 9e: Programme d'études. Gouvernement de Terre-Neuve et du Labrador, Ministère de l'Éducation. (2010)Full Curriculum guide can be downloaded here.