Required: pencils (No. 2 or mechanical), blue or black ink pens (NO other colors!), three-ring binder, lined paper (for taking notes), correcting pen
Not required: highlighters (any color), markers (any size), colored pencils
Donations: markers/crayons/colored pencils, two-pocket/three-prong folders, tissue boxes, glue sticks, construction paper, books
Class Rules and Consequences
RESPECT yourself, other people, and other people’s stuff.
- Participate constructively.
- Do your best work.
- No gum, phones, or headphones.
- Removal from classroom
- Phone call home
- Meet with parents/other teachers
- Discipline referral
Beginning of class
- Wait outside door until a teacher welcomes you in. Do NOT enter if no teacher is present!
- Copy down the days’ homework in agenda.
- Follow instructions on board for warm-up.
- NOTE ON TARDINESS: You will be counted tardy if you are not in the room when the bell rings. After three tardies, you will be reported to the office!
- Follow teachers’ instructions.
- Listen attentively and participate constructively.
- Raise hand to be recognized.
- Wait until there is a break in instruction for restroom breaks or pencil sharpening.
End of Class
- The teacher dismisses you, not the bell. Do not pack up until given permission!
- Make sure homework for that day is turned in.
- Take all of your belongings with you (unless the teacher indicates otherwise).
Leaving the Room During Class
- Leaving the room during class is not permitted without written permission from the teacher.
- You will be given two restroom passes at the beginning of each quarter. Choose wisely when to use them (not both in the first week)! Extra credit will be given for unused passes.
- You must go to the nurse’s office with a pass to phone home in case of illness.
- Whenever you leave the room, SIGN OUT on the sign-out sheet to the left of the door. You must sign back in when you return.
- You will be expected to have your agenda at all times.
- Every day, please write down the assignment for the corresponding class.
- If you do not have the assignment, you will receive a red stamp that states your homework was not completed. This may mean you have it, but it is not completely done. You still have to complete the assignment!
- Your parent must sign your agenda every weekend. This is one way we communicate with your parents. The teacher will check for signatures every Monday, and you will call home if it’s not signed.
MAJOR GRADES (assessments, big projects, etc.) 30%
DAILY GRADES (class work, homework, etc.) 60%
PARTICIPATION (during class, group work, etc.) 10%
- Homework will be posted each day, and you should write it down in your agenda.
- If any assignment is late, the highest grade you will be able to get is a 75%.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to get the work.
- If your absence is planned (such as for a sport tournament), all assignments due while you are absent will be due the day before you leave unless you receive permission otherwise.
- If your absence is unexcused, any assignments due the day you were absent are due the day you return.
Attendance is very important! Learning does not occur as well when you are not in school. Please make every effort to be here every day.