Welcome to the Kindergarten class information and resource website. Please take time to navigate and explore all of the content listed below.
Student Hours: 7:30 am – 2:05 pm Staff Hours: 6:50am - 2:45pm
* Breakfast is served from 7:15-7:30 am and cost $1.65
* The cost of lunch is $2.85
**PLEASE SEND NUTRITIOUS SNACK ONLY**
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
10/20- Field Trip to Medallion Farm
10/26- 2hr. Early Dismissal
11/6- Schools are closed for Elections
- This week we have been learning about and exploring our 5 senses! Ask your child to name all 5 senses and tell you which body part makes that sense possible, Ask your child to tell you about the tast test we had today, the smelling jars, the mystery box and the sound jars that are now in the science center.
- During the past two weeks, we have read two books whose big idea (theme) is home. We read: Where is Home Little Pip? and A House for Hermit Crab. While reading, we looked closely at the pictures and attended to the authors words to be able to answer questions about each story. Yesterday, we voted on which book was our favorite. Ask your child to tell you which book he/she loved and WHY.
A Peek at next week
- Identifying Letter A-S
- Writing our first names
- Creating groups of objects to match numerals
- Sorting items into groups
Listed below are some fun activities that will help your child learn the sight words for Kindergarten.
- Make some flash cards
- Make 2 sets of the words and play memory
- Cut the words out of magazines or newspapers
- Make sentences with the sight words
- Use magnetic letters and/or letter tiles to create the words
Just a click away to learning...try these out!!