Common Core Standards for Informational Writing:
- W.4.2- Write informative/explanatory texts to esamine a topic and convey ideas and inforamtion clearly.
- W.4.2a- Introduce a topic clearly and group related information in paragraphs and sections; include formating (e.g. headings, indentation), illustrations, and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension.
- W.4.2b- Develop the topic with facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples related to the topic.
- W.4.2c- Link ideas within categories of information using words and phrases (e.g., another, for example, also, because).
- W.4.2d- Use precise language and domain-specific vocabulary to inform about or explain the topic.
- W.4.2e- Provide a concluding statement or section related to the information or explanation presented.
- W.4.5- With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing.
- W.4.6- With some guidance and support from adults, use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others; demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of one page in a single sitting.