**This page will continue to be updated with most recent at top of page**
Tests are in Red Homework is in Orange
Week 11: 11/1-11/5: Mixtures Lab, Physical and Chemical Changes
- Scientific Method Test Retakes need to be completed by 11/5 (Need 80% or above)
- Monday: Share and score Fold-It2 on Compounds and Mixtures, Start Trail Mix Lab,
- Tuesday: Continue Trail Mix Lab (Students find the mass for their trail mix, categorize by type, and record. Then exchange data with 2 other groups. They use this information to create a bar graph to represent the amounts of each found in the trail mix.)
- Wednesday: Analyze the bar graphs and review questions from Trail Mix lab. CN on Changes in Matter pg 43
- Thursday: Continue CN on Changes in Matter pg 43, Chemical Reactions Lab (click for worksheet) can do at home.
- Friday: CN on Chemical Reactions pg 45, use information from lab as examples.
Week 10: 10/25-10/28: Chapter 1 Matter
- Monday: Students complete self-evaluation on their performance during 1st quarter.
- Tuesday: Students get Scientific Method Test returned. Retakes need to be completed by 11/5 (Need 80% or above)
- Students take CN on Compounds and Mixtures. Homework: Fold-It2 Compounds vs Mixtures (Requirements pg 9 in NB)
- Wednesday: Students finish Notes and Fold-It2.
- Students watch a Brainpop Video on Compounds and Mixtures with vocabulary activity.
Click on Compounds and Mixtures for BrainPop Video link.
Week 9: 10/18-10/22: Testing over Scientific Method. Starting "States of Matter".