Welcome to Jiaxing Chuangqi Cable Co., Ltd. !
Chuangqi Cable Co., Ltd is a professional manufacturer of electric wire and cable, specializing in the production and sales of various rubber cables, power cords, lights strings, and rubber materials.
It’s wires and cables that helps in delivering electricity in your home. Whether it is a fuse box or a breaker panel or any electrical item placed either indoor or outdoor, wires and cables keep the electricity running through them. Though used interchangeably, wires and cables are different from each other. If you differentiate them on the basis of technical features, wire means single electrical conductor while cable means bundle of conductors. Different type of wires and cables are used in different electrical applications. Manner of installation of these cables also differ from each other. China rubber flexible cables manufacturers also has its production lines of rubber materials for rubber cable.If you are about to buy wires and cables online or offline for your electrical project, it would be better if you gain some first-hand information about their various types and characteristics.
This this article, we will discuss about wires and cables in detail.
While buying wires there are three factors you should always pay attention to. These are:
Wires always come printed with some information on their label. Always read it carefully as this information can help a lot in choosing the right wire for your home. Usually this information includes.
• THHN or THWN: These letters points towards individual wires that are used in residential
applications. Let’s find out what these letters explain. T stands for thermoplastic insulation and H for rubber cable. The second time H stands for heat resistance that goes up to 194-degrees Fahrenheit and W means it can be used in wet locations. And last but not the least N means the wire can-not be damaged by oil or gas.
• Material: The other information label provides is material type. Nowadays, most of the wires are available in the copper material and hence come with “CU” symbol.
• Voltage rating: You can also check maximum voltage it can carry on the label.
• Gauge: In addition to the voltage rating, material type and application, you can also find out wire size by checking gauges on its label.
• Black, blue and red are used in residential rubber power cordand are always hot.
• White colored wires are neutral while green and copper wires are always used for the ground wiring.
Different type of wiring is conducted for different purposes. So, if you are about to embark on your home wiring project, take advice of your local building inspector.