Dear Parent/ Guardian,
Welcome to a new school year. I look forward to working with your child and communicating with you throughout the year. Before the year gets underway it is important that you and your child are aware of the following procedures in our class.
Your child’s grades will be calculated using the following formula:
TEST, PROJECTS, and PRESENTATIONS —-> 50%
QUIZZES and CLASS ASSIGNMENTS —-> 25 %
HOMEWORK —-> 10%
Homework will be assigned at least 1– 3 nights per week. Completion of homework is very important, as it reinforces topics discussed in class and counts towards the overall grade. If a homework is missed, the student will receive a “ZERO” until it is made up. Students will be given until the end of the week to make up missed assignment.
CLASS PARTICIPATION —->15%
Class participation is assessed by how well students complete assignments, follow class procedures, come prepared, take notes, and demonstrate involvement in the lesson.
***Students are responsible for their own behavior and decisions and they will be held accountable. ***
1. Arrive on time—report to class before a scheduled appointment.
2. Be prepared with all materials: books, pens/pencils, assignments, etc.
3. Respect others, their space and property.
4. One person speaks at a time.
5. Use appropriate language at all times.
6. Practice safety standards and adhere to rules listed in the student handbook at all times.
1. Verbal Warning.
2. Conference between student and teacher.
3. Detention and phone call home.
4. Referral to the Assistant Principal.
*** SEVERE VERBAL OR PHYSICAL OUTBURSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC REFERRAL TO THE A.P.***
~ Pens, Pencils and a highlighter
~ 3 ring binder with 12 Dividers
☺ ALWAYS BRING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!! ☺
In an effort to educate the “whole person”, it is important to give students the “tools” to succeed both academically and personally. If you have any concerns or topics you feel should be addressed in class, please feel free to contact me with them. I will do my best to link them to the curriculum in an appropriate way. Thank you for taking the time to review this information with your child.
~ Ms. Gina Capodieci
Seneca Middle School 471-1850
"In teaching others we teach ourselves" - Proverb