Welcome to 7th grade math at South Arbor.
My name is Gretchen Clatterbuck and I have taught high school math for 8 years and tutored local students for 14 years prior to joining the South Arbor Team. This will be my third year at South Arbor. When I am not at school, my time is filled up with family activities. My 3 kids love to play sports! Soccer, baseball, field hockey...just to name a few.
Some interesting things about me:
- I played a lot of soccer in my youth.
- I played soccer in college at the University of Delaware.
- I have had 6 knee surgeries.
- I no longer play soccer (see above).
- I was not the best math student growing up. I struggled through math like many students do. I learned in college that my math struggle made me a good teacher because I could easily relate to students who didn't "get math".
- I LOVE teaching math! I get to hang out with people all day and help them to see how smart they are.
- I LOVE when students ask questions! Questions tell me students are paying attention, thinking and processing the material.
- I think mistakes are necessary in learning. "Mistakes: Proof you are trying!
The best way to contact me is via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The school phone number: 734-528-2821