There are certain rules that must be followed in order to have an atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
1. No put downs--you don't have to like everyone, but everyone has a right to be in this classroom.
2. Respect--Respect yourself, your classmates, your teacher, and classroom property.
3. Raise your hand--If you have something to say or need to get up, ask permission first.
4. Do not shout out--Do not shout across the room, ever.
5.Do not speak while someone else is speaking--If you are talking you want everyone to listen to you, therefore if someone else is talking be polite and listen to them.
1st offense: verbal warning
2nd offense: note home
3rd offense: call home
4th offense: referral
5 days no offenses: Half homework pass
10 days no offenses: One homework pass
15 days no offenses: Pizza lunch in Ms. G's room at lunchtime
9 weeks no offenses: Movie ticket (local theatre)
1. Be prepared--Come to class with your pencil, binder, and whatever else you need for the day. If you need a pencil, just ask.
2. Be open-minded!--Even if you think something is boring, know that it is important to learn it to become a better person.
3. Complete your work-- 99% of the time your work should be complete, neat, and well done. (Life happens, sometimes we can't do our work, but that is only 1% of the time.)
4. Be honest!--If you have done something wrong and can admit it, you will gain my respect and likely not receive discipline for the act.
5. Do your best!--All you can do is do your best. If you do your best, that is good enough!