I would like to welcome you and your child to fourth grade! We have an exciting year ahead that will be filled with lots to explore, experience, and learn. I hope to be a guide and mentor to your child this year as he or she embarks on a learning journey filled with excitement, challenges, and learning opportunities.
We have lots of fun and interesting things to learn this year:
- Florida is the topic of our Social Studies curriculum.
- We focus on multiplication and division facts throughout the year in Math.
- School wide we encourage students to read their AR books every night since AR is a big part of our Reading program.
- We will write descriptive narrative and expository texts and your child will take the FCAT Writing test in late February.
- We will explore many topics in Science including ecosystems, rocks and minerals, and force and motion.