December 10th, 2012 - Peru Unit Test
What are Peru's natural resources, and what are some goods they make out of them?
What are some differences between the 3 regions (Andes Mountains, Amazon Rainforest, Coastal Plains)?
What are some interesting facts about Lima and Machu Picchu?
What does Peru import (buy) from other countries?
What does Peru export (sell) to other countries?
How was Peru's culture created? (A mix of Spanish (Christian) and Incan (indigenous people) cultures)
What are the national languages of Peru? (Spanish, Quechua, Aymara)
What do you know about Peru's celebrations? (Christmas, Yunza, Carnival, Star of the Snow Festival, Inti Raymi (Sun Festival)
coast, region, terraces, indigenous people, natural resources, goods, environment, climate, charango (Peruvian guitar), pollera (skirt), shawl)
October 25, 26 - Professional Development Day + School Holiday
- No school
- Happy Eid!!
October 16th, 2012 - Field Trip to the Royal Tyrrell Museum
- This super-exciting trip is free to all students and parent volunteers. We need 3 to go with us!
- The field trip will take all day. Please bring your usual snack and lunch. We will be eating on the bus.
- The trip will take about 2 hours, each way. Students will be allowed to bring a book from school to enjoy on the bus.
Monday & Tuesday, October 1 & 2, 2012
One-on-One Reading Interviews
- Students do not have classes during these days, but should have already scheduled an interview for their child with their teacher for a one-on-one reading evaluation. This is MANDATORY! Please make sure your child arrives on time, and that you stay at the school to take your child home again. The interview should last about 20 minutes.
Friday, Sept. 28, 2012
Professional Development Day - No School
Thursday, Sept. 27th, 2012
Parent Open House (Both Campuses): 5:30 - 7:00pm
- Parents will attend an assembly in the gym at the beginning. After that, they are welcome to come with their child back to his/her classroom. Parents with children at the Junior High may also go there for a later, second assembly.