I will update this site every week to let you know what is happening in our classroom!
What we did this week...
- We read the story The Keeping Quilt. We finished our writing on our community.
- We finished Chapter 5 in our Math Book - It's Mulitplication Table time!
- We are now looking at the world's biomes and how animals use their adaptations in those biomes.
- We have also used our newspapers called Community Studies Weekly. This helps us to focus on different things in Social Studies along with our book.
- We read the story Tomas and the Library Lady. We also had a chance to interview our own librarian, Mrs. Young! We're going to turn that into a great interview summary!
- We finished Chapter 3 in Math. We did a great job on 2 variable equations and expressions!
- We continued working with Mrs. Taylor in Science. We are doing a mini unit on Ecosystems.
- We started learning about the California Native Americans in Social Studies. We're using our Social Studies book and a weekly newspaper called California Studies Weekly. You've probably seen it in our Take Home Tuesday folders.
What's in store for next week:
- Math - Start our new chapters! Third graders will be in Chapter 6 and Fourth graders will be in Chapter 4. Both are on Multiplication... hmm... seems like that's important in math!
- We continue ST Math in the computer lab. We also get to do Reading Counts! Students should plan on being ready to take 2 quizzes each time we are in the computer lab.
- We go to the library on Wednesday. Each student will be able to check out 2 books at a time.
- Third graders will continue work with Ms. Greenwald on our world biomes unit.
- Fourth graders will continue going twice a week with Mrs. Taylor to do Science.
- We begin a program called Standards Plus. This is to help reinforce our standards and help practice taking the state test.
- Wednesday is Bring Your Parent to School Day! Please join Mrs. Dieppa at 8:00 in the Library. You will then come to our classroom from 8:30 - 9:00 to discuss our focus, then return to the library.
- Parent Conferences are Monday, October 31 - Thursday, November 3. All four days are minimum days.
- Another note: October 31 is Halloween and a Monday... Students will NOT be allowed to wear costumes to school! This will be a spirit day - they can wear Black and Orange.
WEBSITES FOR PRACTICE!
Below are some websites that you can have your child use for practice in multiplication, vocabulary, and more. Please look over the website before letting your child play the games.