TECHNOLOGY ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY FOR STUDENTS
The purpose of this policy is to help parents and student acknowledge of the do's and do not's when using technology at school. This policy addresses the guidelines that must be following when using technology in school, what is considered the unacceptable use of technology in school and the consequences that will be faced for misuse. The use of technology is a key aspect for students educational journey but technology is also a privilege for staff as well as students. By reducing the chances or technology abuse, the school district provides adequate resources for all users with a legitimate need.
- The use of the internet must be used for educational purposes only.
- The proper use of codes of conduct in electronic communication provided by the school district must be used at all times. When using e-mail always take extreme precautions as the revealing of personal information may be at risk.
- All accounts are to be used by authorized personnel.
- All communication and or information used via the internet should be considered as private property.
- Any mailing list subscription(s) must be reported to the systems manager.
- All mailing list will be heavily monitored by the systems manager.
- Proper netiquette must be used at all times.
- Giving out personal information of self or another person is strictly prohibited.
- Any use of the internet for profiting use (i.e. monetary) is prohibited.
- Any use of the internet for networking for any type of product advertisement is strictly prohibited.
- There shall be not use of any hardware that will disturb or disrupt the use of the network by others.
- Any form of hate mail, harassment, chain letters, harsh comments, or threats (i.e.. cyber bullying) WILL NOT be tolerated.
- The act of unauthorized installation of software of any kind on the school district's computers is prohibited.
- The use of the Internet or any other network for any unlawful purpose is prohibited.
Violation of the school district's Acceptable Use Policy may result in the use of the District's computers being revoked, 3-5 days suspension, explosion, and/or the imprisonment. All students are encouraged to follow all rules and regulations pertaining to the school district's full policy.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AGREEMENT FORM
(After carefully reading this policy please sign, date, and return this page.)
I have carefully and thoroughly read the District's policy on what is considered the acceptable and unacceptable use of technology on school grounds. I agree that I will be considerate and follow all rules enforced by the school district. I understand that all internet use is monitored and that failure to comply with these rules may result in loss of my privileges to use the school district's computers, discipline from the District officials, and/or other legal action.
Printed Name of Student: _______________________________________
(For students that are under the age of eighteen, a parent or guardian must sign and date the agreement as well.)
I have carefully and thoroughly read the school district's policy on what is considered the acceptable and unacceptable use of technology for my child on school grounds. I agree that my child will be considerate and follow all rules enforced by the school district. I understand that all internet use is monitored and that failure to comply with these rules may result in loss of my child's privileges to use the school district's computers, discipline from the school district officials, and/or other legal action.
Signature of Student: __________________________________ Date: ____________
Printed Name of Parent or Guardian: ____________________________ Date: ____________
Signature or Parent or Guardian: ___________________________ Date: ____________
Learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy here!
Technology Forum. (n.d.). Retrieved July 10, 2018, from https://nces.ed.gov/pubs 2005/tech_suite/app_A.asp
The Acceptable Use Policy for Students. (n.d.). Retrieved July 10, 2018, from http://www.socorro.k12.nm.us/registration/stuaup1.pdf
“Acceptable Use Policy”
“How to Beat Cyber Bullying”
- "In teaching others we teach ourselves" - Proverb
The Team at Educator Pages