1810 Stuart Street
Houston, Texas 77004
TEACHER: Mrs .Gil-Mendoza CLASS: Spanish
MISSION STATEMENT:To provide my students with quality Spanish Language teaching while exploring other cultures in a positive and enriching environment.
CLASS MATERIALS: for Level 1, 2 and Native speakers 1
1. One 3 subjects spiral notebook with pockets.
2. One box of color pencils, markers or crayons (choose one).
3. One pack of at least 3 glue sticks.
4. Two folders with brads a) Red and b) Green
5. One black & white composition notebook (for journal entries)
5. One bottle of Hand Sanitizer 6. One box of Kleenex (tissue).
1. Each student is required to maintain a spiral notebook based on class-work. The spiral notebook will contain important information, such as objectives, vocabulary list and grammar exercises.
2. Students will be graded on their daily participation, oral as well as written. Some of the activities will be in a group as well as pair and individual work.
Student must bring text book to class. Grade scale is as follows: a) Test 25% b) Projects 25% c) Class work 20% d) Quizzes 20% and Homework 10%. There is a penalty of 20 points for each late assignment, except for legitimate reasons.
3. Abide by all the rules set in the HISD student code of conduct, HAIS Handbook, and follow HAIS dress code at all times.4. Absolutely No cell phones, headphone sets (IPods) and any other electronic devices in the classroom. No eating, drinking or chewing gum. Any items that may cause distractions will be confiscated by the teacher or school administration.
A0.VERBAL WARNING B. PARENT- PHONE CALL C. WILL SEND TO: PRINCIPAL/DEAN OF STUDENTS & D. CONFERENCE WITH PARENT/GUARDIAN
Three week progress report will be given. The date is on the HISD school calendar. Report cards will be given every six weeks also. Parents are welcome to come and check on their child, duringteacher’s conference period. Or can make an appointment by calling 713-942-3340. Please note that the teacher can be reach via e-mail at: Agil@houstonisd.org
I have read and understand all the above classroom rules and I will follow them.
Parent/Guardian’s signature:___________________________ Date:________________________
Telephone #___________________________ E-Mail____________________________________