Welcome to the COPE Link for Middle School Students! Updates are in process...Check Back Soon!
ISTEP will be taking place on September 16th, 17th. amd 18th
How to Help Your Child with ISTEP
Adapted from Silver Creek Elementary:
1. STUDENTS NEED EXTRA SLEEP: Arrange for your child to go to bed a little earlier so he/she gets a good night’s sleep on test days. Being well rested will give students an extra boost of energy during testing.
2. PROVIDE A GOOD BREAKFAST: During next week, give your child a nutritious breakfast every day. Protein such as eggs, meat, yogurt, or cheese will help performance better than a sugary donut.
3. GIVE AN EXERCISE “BREAK”: Use after-school and evening time to help your child get some exercise. Testing is a lot of sitting around and being still for so long can make a child restless. So, encourage your child to take an active break.
4. ENCOURAGE “BEST WORK”: Clearly tell your child to take plenty of time on the ISTEP test. Many students stop working long before the test time is over. In writing, a longer story or answer is usually better. Say to your child, “I expect you to do your best work on the test.
5. “I LOVE YOU” IS THE BEST PREPGive a hug and an “I love you” each morning. You are the most important person in your child’s life. Your love gives strength and confidence.
Visit the Learn More Indiana Site:
Indiana Information Center from The Indiana Department of Education:http://www.doe.in.gov/istep/