Mrs. Long is always EXCITED for the opportunity to get to know each group of students and thier parent(s)/guardian(s) each school year! She looks forward to a wonderful and productive school year every year with parents and students combine.
Throughout this site is some very important items of information about what will be expected within the classroom during the school year.
The 3 R’s
1. Be Respectful by asking permission, using your manners, & respecting ALL belongings.
2. Be Responsible by paying attention, being prepared, being on time, & picking up after yourself.
3. Be Resourceful by being a friend to everyone, encouraging others, being nice, and believing in yourself and others.
Classroom Procedures for Students
1. Upon entering the classroom - students go straight to assigned seat, sit down, & prepare their desk for class to begin.
If students need to use the restroom, they are to put their books down at their desk, go straight to the restroom without asking, then be back BEFORE the tardy bell rings.
If a student arrives late to school or from another class, student must put the note on my desk, be seated, and get caught up quickly and quietly.
2. Beginning of class - once the tardy bell has rang, class has officially started. Therefore, everyone is quiet and working on the Bell Ringer.
3. When class attention is needed - Teacher will say “Excuse me” then everyone should be quiet and attentive.
4. When needing help - students raise thier hand and wait quietly while going on to the next problem until the teacher can get to them. Help charts may also be used (explained in class).
5. Taking notes - It is expected every student takes notes. Students are able to write in thier textbook but are still expected to take “side notes” on notebook paper when needed.
6. Homework - Weekly problems are posted in the classroom (sent via Remind app in a picture message to those parents who join). Homework needs to be completed by the student on time to show responsibility and for the student to earn the best grade possible (Grading policy mentioned below).
7. Sign-Out Sheet - When a student has to leave class, no matter the reason, studnet MUST sign out in his/her assignment journal and the class Sign-Out sheet. Then Sign back in at both locations when he/she returns. Assignment journal is the hall pass, students should have it in every class period. NO EXCUSES!!
8. Class Dismissal - Students are dismissed when the Teacher says “Have a great day!” Students then leave respectfully and orderly.
Suggested Supplies for Math Class that make things easier for everyone:
· A 1 inch binder of any color (ONLY used for Math class)
· Section dividers for binder (5 sections: Class items, Special Handouts, Skills Practice, Graded Work, Lab Tab).
· Pencils, Pen, highlighter, loose leaf paper, & colored pencils for color-coded note taking.
· A calculator, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE. If not, one may be provided.
** Donations of the above mentioned items are welcomed along with donations of the following items:
- Wide Rule loose leaf paper
- Wooden #2 pencils
- Blue ink pens
- Highlighters of all colors
- Loose leaf graph paper
- 1in 3-ring binders
- 5 tab dividers
- Mechanical pencil lead of all sizes
- Colored pencils
- Pencil top erasers
- 4 function solar calculator
- “pop-up” post-it notes
- Lined 3 x 5 post-it notes
- Card stock paper
- Desk/scotch tape refills
- Copy paper (regular or card stock quality) (any color)
- Expo dry erase markers of all colors (w/ or w/o eraser)
- Expo “wet” erase markers of all colors (if you can find)
· Tests count twice.
· Other assignments are counted once, unless told otherwise.
· Assignments turned in late will be subject to points being taken off. Assignments not turned in will result in a grade of Zero (0) Live Grades.
Mrs. Long DOES NOT give extra credit, however, allows for students to correct graded assignments. Any assignments (except bell ringers and exit slips) with a score of a 69 or below can be corrected on a separate sheet of paper and turned back in WITH THE ORIGINAL assignment with in two (2) days of being handed back to the student. Corrections will be graded and points given back to the original assignment to improve the original grade.
Discipline: School wide policy set in place is followed.
Make-Up Work: As defined in the county policy (number of days absent plus 1 day). Students should see classroom homework calendar for assignments and a classmate for notes.
LiveGrades: New grades posted as soon as assignments are graded. Please pay close attention to comments made, and Announcements posted.
The Remind App is used for communication purposes (such as homework reminders, etc), please get code from announcement tab on LiveGrades.