ExpectationsStudents will be able to:
- Make creative, appropriately crafted, challenging ceramic solutions to given provocations using various techniques.
- Comprehend and apply analysis of ceramic ideas, techniques, terminology, and issues through participation in formal critiques and discussions.
- Develop conceptual ideas through the practice of creative research and preparatory studies (e.g. sketchbooks, journals, models, writing assignments, presentations, technical practice tests, etc.).
-Craftsmanship/ technical qualities -Concept/sketches -Effort- Sensory qualities- Compositional Qualities- Expressive Qualities
Materials that need to be brought in by student
1) *Sketchbook/ composition notebook (with graph paper) 2) *Lab Fee $ 20. 00 (for the year)3) Sponge (to avoid dust & for cleaning)4) Apron / Over sized shirt (to keep clean)5) Forks / tooth brushes 6) Spray bottles7) Plastic bags (small & large)8) Air tight container (for slip)9) Newspaper (for stuffing)10) Cardboard (for templates & molds)11) Textural objects (shells, combs, food, etc.)
- Be courteous and respectful.
- Be on time!
- Be prepared and on task.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Be in your assigned seat and working on the assigned bell work when the tardy bell rings.
- When projects are completed, work in your sketch book or go to the “What do I do next” folder for next task.
- Follow directions the first time they are given. (ask 3 before me)
- Follow all procedures and policies as outlined in your student handbook.
- Treat each person [and object] in this room with respect and dignity.
- No eating during class.
- No cell phone should ever be out.
Following Guidelines will result in:• Verbal Acknowledgement • A Stress free learning environment • A pleasant and orderly classroom atmosphere Not Following Guidelines will result in:1st -Warning and documentation (Guideline Infraction Notice) 2nd - Seat change & conduct cut3rd - Detention, phone call home, additional conduct cut4th – Referral (If a student is written up for any reason, he or she will receive an automatic “F” in conduct).
Severe ClauseAny student who fights, damages school property (this includes the property of the teacher and other students), or is disrespectful (as defined by the teacher) will be sent to the office IMMEDIATELY. Classroom Procedures
- Entering the room: Please enter quietly, take a seat, review agenda, and begin bell work assignment.
- When you are tardy: Excused- place excuse (pass) on my desk. Unexcused- 3rd tardy = sign detention list.
- When you are absent: look on bulletin board for work with your name & period.
- Make up work for excused absences: Ask a peer; go to “Make Up Work” folder. No make up work for unexcused absences!
- Getting your attention: I will stand in front of the class, raise my hand, wait for everyone to be quiet, & then begin speaking (give me five).
- Papers/ worksheets: use complete sentences. Paper heading: Name, Date, period, & assigned number.
- Turning in assignments: starting from the back, pass toward the front, & I will collect all stacks.
- Homework or warm-up activities: Place in the “IN” box. Tab pages when in sketchbook with tape, or paper clip. For the homework, everyone is expected to turn something in, either homework, or Student Responsibility Report.
- Student Responsibility Report: this is for students who do not have the assigned homework.
- Finish work early: Go to “What do I do next?” folder, read, or work in sketchbook from a prompt.
- During class discussion: participate! I genuinely want to hear what you have to say! No one is to get up during this time.
- Restroom: sign in & out on “Restroom log,” take hall pass; one person at a time; not to exceed 5 minutes.
- Cleaning up: will take place 10 minutes prior to dismissal; there will be assigned mentors for different stations (sink, tables, tools, glazes, etc.)
- Dismissal: The teacher dismisses you, not the bell. Wait until teacher finishes and dismisses you with “Have a nice day!”
- Special procedures: will be done as an “as needed” basis (specifically when working with the clay).
STUDENT: I have read the classroom expectations and understand them. Signature:___________________________________ Date:___________ PARENTS: My child has discussed the classroom expectations with me. I understand it and will support it. Signature:___________________________________ Date:___________