Since becoming a teacher, I have engaged in numerous workshops and courses to maintain my certification as well as advance my knowledge. The following are courses or workshops in which I have participated, but did not receive graduate credit (those courses are listed under the Educational Background link).
- Maryland Tech Consortium 2002 Fall Institute: Reading, Writing & Information Literacy in the High School English, Science & Social Studies Classroom
- BCPS Using Technology to Teach Reading & Writing Across the Curriculum (Spring 2002)
- BCPS Methods of Teaching Reading in the Content Areas Part II with Special Emphasis on Strategies for IEP Students (Fall 2003)
- Maryland Technology Academy (2002-2003)
- At Overlea High School, I also coordinated site-based staff development for teachers to learn about technology to incorporate into their classrooms. I also instructed some of the sessions.
- Presenter at the MICCA convention in 2003. I spoke about using technology in an interdisciplinary research project.
- 2006 BCPS Office of English Curriculum Workshop - Along with four others, I wrote the English 9 curriculum currently in use throughout BCPS.