At the beginning of the year we will create an agreed upon list of class norms which will serve as our class expectations and rules for the year. As students help to build our list of class norms, they grow a sense of responsibility for their expectations.
On a daily basis we will use an Evidence Notebook. This behavior management system is used throughout the day to document our behavior as individuals.
- Students create the class norms list so that everyone knows and is responsible for upholding class expectations.
- If a student breaks a norm (or rule) he must sign in to the Evidence Notebook (sign name).
- A second disruption or norm-breaking will result in a check beside his name (loss of 5 min. of recess).
- A third disruption will result in a second check (two checks = 10 min. loss of recess)
- A fourth disruption will result in a third check (three checks = spend your recess writing a note home to parents about why the student must miss recess)
- Any disruptions after this point will result in being written up (major or minor depending on circumstances). These issues will be discussed with the principal and parents.
This year we will grow to be accountable and responsible for our actions!
Grades & Homework Policy
A = 93-100
B = 85-92
C = 75-84
F = Below 70
I will allow one retest on any major tests on which a student receives a score lower than 60.