(The following is an overview of the curriculum; dates are subject to change pending student mastery)
- (Aug. 1 – Aug. 28) – UNIT 1: The Number System Fluency: Students will apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- (Aug. 29 – Sept. 27) –UNIT 2: Rate, Ratio and Proportional Reasoning Using Equivalent Fractions: Students will understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
- (Sept. 28 – Oct. 18) – UNIT 3: Expressions: Students will apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions.
- (Oct. 23 – Nov. 9) – UNIT 4: One-Step Equations and Inequalities: Students will reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- (Nov. 13 – Dec. 8) – UNIT 5: Area & Volume: Students will solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
- (Jan. 4 – Jan. 31) – UNIT 6: Statistics: Students will develop understanding of statistical variability and summarize and describe distributions.
- (Feb. 1 – Feb. 23) – UNIT 7: Rational Explorations: Numbers and Their Opposites: Students will apply and extend previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
- (May 1 – May 18) – Seventh Grade Preview: Students will apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.