Welcome to Hunter Hills Elementary
4th Grade Website!
This website is intended to assist you with your child's academics at school. Please use this website as a tool to help your child succeed.
Our school has developed guidelines for success. Our acronym is RACE.
Be an Achiever.
- Mid-term reports were sent home on Thursday, September 15th. Please sign and return one copy as soon as possible.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, September 23, 2011.
All students are encouraged to visit these websites at home as much as possible:
Study Island www.studyisland.com
Students will been given usernames and passwords. They should memorize these.
- We are competing with other grade levels to see who can complete the most work correctly on these websites.
Other Things to Remember...
- We will be working on Accelerated Reader. Your child should read at least 2 -3 books a day and earn approximately 4 points a week. Your child should strive to keep an overall average of 90% or better on tests taken. We expect each student to meet his/her goal each month. AR reading helps your child with basic comprehension and fluency skills. Students will be granted time each day for AR reading (at least 30 minutes).
- Read with your child 20 minutes a night!
- A folder will be sent home with your child each MONDAY! Please review graded work with your child and keep it at home. A newsletter will be placed in the folder each week. Please help your child keep up with his/her folder. Your child will need to bring his/her folder back to school each FRIDAY!
- We have provided your child with a planner. We ask that you sign or initial your child's planner each day so that we know you have reviewed the information in it.
- Our school is collecting Pop Tabs for Indian Summer Camp (a camp for children ages 6-18 who either have or have had cancer). Please save as many pop tabs as you can and send them to school with your child. Our goal is to collect one MILLION!
- Please send correct change with your child for snack. Water, milk, chocolate milk, or juice costs 30 cents each day.
- We are collecting Box Tops. Please send them in to help our school earn money!
Our Daily Schedule
7:30 - 8:15 Breakfast/Morning Work/AR (homeroom) - Tardy Bell rings at 8:15
8:15 - 9:20 Class #1
9:20 - 11:20 Class #2 (with special classes from 10:10 - 10:55)
11:20 - 12:50 Class #3 (with lunch for 25 minutes)
12:50 - 1:50 Class #4
1:50 - 2:10 Recess
2:10 - 2:45 Enrichment/AR (homeroom)
The Laurel County website is located at http://www.laurel.kyschools.us/.
We do not endorse any advertisements on our class website.