Homework # 18 Due Tuesday October 11, 2011:
Create a picture that depicts a fraction. For example, you can draw a picture of a pizza pie that is cut into 8 pieces and has a piece missing. Be creative!! Make sure that it is done on a piece of computer paper and/or construction paper. It needs to be neat and colorful.
Update your Vocabulary Folder.
Homework #17 Due Thursday October 6, 2011:
Complete your study guide. Make sure that you include at least one question per topic. Study for your test tomorrow.
Homework #16 due Wednesday October 5, 2011:
- Complete the hand-out.
- Review for the test on
- . A complete outline can be found on the homepage under Upcoming Test/Quizzes
Homework #15 Due Tuesday October 4, 2011:
- Complete the hand-out given out in class.
Homework #14 Due Monday October 3, 2011:
- Complete the Dream House Project. A complete outline of the project can be found under the Projects section of the homepage.
- Update your vocabulary folders.
- Review for upcoming Chapter 1 Test.
Homework # 13 Due Wednesday September 28, 2011:
- Skills Practice page 3.
- Update your vocabulary folder if you have not done so already
- Bring back your signed quiz.
Homework #12 Due Tuesday September 27, 2011:
- Complete the worksheet on perimeter.
- Update your Vocabulary Folder if you have not done so already.
- Make sure to bring back your quiz signed by tomorrow.
Homework #11 Due Monday September 26, 2011:
- Update your Vocabulary Folders. For a complete list of the words you can go to the Vocabulary Folder Section of the website.
Homework #10 Due Friday September 23, 2011:
- Complete your Polygon Guide by entering the following information on each page.
- Page 1: Label that page Polygon and write the definition of a polygon and draw an example.
- Page 2: Label that page Non-Polygon and write the definition of a non-polygon and draw an example.
- Page 3: Label the top of the page Concave and in the middle of the page write Convex. Write the definition of each word and draw an example under each heading.
- Page 4:Label the top of the page Regular and in the middle of the page write Irregular. Write the definition of each word and draw an example under each heading.
- Page 5: Label the page Types of Angles and list the types of angles we went over in class (acute, obtuse, right, straight and vertical) and draw an example of each.
- Page 6: On that page you are going to write the formula you use to find the sum of the angle measures in a polygon. (n-2) x 180.
- Page 7: On that page you get to choose a topic that we have covered that you feel you want to include in your guide.
- Homework #9 Due Thursday September 22, 2011
- Complete the hand-out on vertical angles.
- Review for the quiz tomorrow on Chapter 1. A full list of all of the items that will be on the quiz can be found under the Review for Test/Quizzes on the homepage.
Homework #8 Due Wednesday September 21, 2011
- Complete the hand-out on vertical angles. If you are having difficulty you can look in your Red Handbook on page 260 for help.
Homework #7 Due Tuesday September 20, 2011:
Study Guide and Intervention Workbook page 2.
Complete the worksheet on measuring angles using a protractor.
Homework #6 Due Friday September 16, 2011:
- Complete the entire worksheet that was handed out in class.
- Bring all supplies in by tomorrow.
- Make sure that you have handed in all notices.
Homework #5 Due Thursday September 15, 2011:
- Complete the hand-out that was disrtibuted in class.
- You can prove to me that you read this website if you tell me the word "angle" tomorrow.
Homework #4 Due Wednesday September 14, 2011:
- In your notebook write two to three complete sentences using the following prompt:
When I hear the word math it makes me feel __________________ because _____________.
- List all of the polygons in the figure on the hand-out. Make sure you only give one name for each polygon.
Homework #3 Due Tuesday September 13, 2011:
- Draw or cut out pictures of 10 polygons and 10 non-polygons
Homework #2 Due Monday September 12, 2011
- Complete your face glyph on a piece of white paper. Make sure that it is colorful.
- Bring back all notices signed if you have not done so already.
- Bring in your supplies.
Homework #1 Due Friday September 9, 2011:
- Make sure to fill out and bring back the Emergency Contact sheet and Class Contract signed.
- Start to bring in you supplies. You must have a marble notebook and a pencil by tomorrow.