Evidence of Knowing Students.
Individual student profiles are something I am passionate about having for all students. This profile was written during my first week of practicum teaching a year six class, for the purpose of facilitating positive classroom climate, knowing my students and proposing rough strategies to meet their needs in lessons. The majority of student profiles are often focused on student weaknesses or issues, thus I have purposely kept my profiles positive. This enabled me to see the strengths and successes of each child, rather than judging them by their weaknesses or issues. I believe this attitude comes through in my lessons and interactions with students.
Student Profile: ______________________
Parents: Lisa & John
Siblings: Andrew (Year 2) & Alex (Year 4)
What are _______________ strengths?
- Enthusiastic class member. INTERPERSONAL.
- Oral activities and presentations. LINGUISTIC.
- Independent and guided online research in HSIE.
- Strong ICT skills. PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ICT.
· Physical education: strong gross motor skills. BODILY/KINESTHETIC.
What are ________________ interests?
- Keen rugby league player.
- ‘The Simpsons’ & ‘Futurama.’
- “Tagging.” UTILISE TALENT IN VISUAL ARTS AND PROMOTE RESPECT FOR PROPERTY.
What are some of ________________ successes?
- ‘Player of the match’ PSSA. DISPLAY AWARD ON NOTICEBOARD.
- Created a webpage on Rugby League. ALLOW STUDENTS TO ACCESS?
- Has not missed a day of school this term. CELEBRATE ACHIEVEMENT.
Things to Know about _________________
- Does not enjoy reading or writing, prefers to present verbally. ALLOW _______________ THE OPPORTUNITY FOR MORE COMPUTER BASED WORK TO DEVELOP READING AND WRITING SKILLS. ALSO PROVIDE OPTIONS FOR PRESENTING WORK.
- Reading support three times per week. INSIDE CLASSROOM?
- Very enthusiastic but can become moody and aggressive towards staff and students. DEVELOP STRATEGIES; PERSONAL TIME OUT, MODEL APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOURS ETC.
Jessica Coughlan, 2009