The BGEC PTSA is proud to support students who have earned awards and certificates.
At the end of each grading period, those students that meet the appropriate criteria will be recognized for Principal's Honor Roll, Citizenship and Perfect Attendance. Please be advised that the criteria for awards has changed. Please refer to the following, current criteria (which can also be found on BGEC's website, under the Parent Handbook.):
1. Principal’s Honor Roll (Each grading period) 4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA). GPA ONLY determines eligibility. (All E’s in all subject areas & all E’s in conduct.)
2. Citizenship Award (Each grading period) 3.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) in conduct. No conduct grade below a G.
3. Perfect Attendance (Each grading period) Students present every day of the grading period and only 3 tardies. Eligble students will be determined from the Perfect Attendance report generated by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
4. Bobcat Honor Roll (Each grading period) 3.5 -3.99 Grade Point Average (GPA). GPA ONLY determines eligibility. This award level is NOT given to Kindergarten students.
5. Grahammy Award (End of Year) Students who receive the Principal’s Honor Roll, Citizenship Award & Attendance Awards for the 1st three grading periods will be recognized as Grahammy Award recipients at the end of the school year.
Please discuss these awards with your child and monitor his/her grades closely. Encourage excellence in all areas by providing daily motivation. If your son/daughter qualifies for any of their awards, we will send you a special invitation to attend the ceremony.
All parents are invited to the end of the year awards/ceremony since they will be receiving their Kindergarten Diplomas at that event.