IPG Lesson Plan:
1. TEKS: 5G Use technology to document and present information in a clear and coherent manner
Objective: Students will give a presentation on an American Playwright.
2. Big Understandings: Playwrights have come from all backgrounds. Anyone can achieve their goals if they put their mind to it.
3. Assessment Evidence: Students must give an opinion section in their presentation and tell what they felt after learning about their playwright. Were they happy after finding out their playwright had overcome adversities? Were they angry after finding out their playwright had made bad choices? Etc.
4. Opening Hook: Most people know who William Shakespeare was. Maybe there is an American playwright out there that is extremely underrated. Tell me about him/her.
5. Instructional Strategies/Student Activities: What if there were no American playwrights? How would America view theatre if all plays were written about British characters and in British dialects?
6. Materials/Resources: Books, Internet, Scripts, Interviews
7. Grouping Patterns: 3 to 4 per group
8. Ending, Summary/Reflection: Each group will write down three things they learned from the others' presentations.
|Student Names||Assign. 1||Assign. 2||Assign. 3||Assign. 4||Quiz 1||Unit Test||Total Points||Grade Average|
|High School Theatre Arts|