Lesson Plan 3: Bocce Ball Golf
Create a visual depiction for each group that displays their needs, abilities, interests, and learning styles.
Brainstorm three problems that each group might wish to solve:
- Learn to play Bocce ball and adapt the game to include golf for adapted students
- Learn the object of the game and introuduce the game to students
- Develop ball control through other activities
1. Instructional Objectives
National Educational Technology Standards for Students Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
· identify and introduce Bocce ball to the students
· plan and manage activities to develop correct skill development
· collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions
· use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative lead up games
Physical Education Curriculum Objectives grade 9 -12:
· Students demonstrate their understanding of Bocce ball golf
· Students demonstrate their understanding of shot making skills
· Students demonstrate their understanding of rolling the ball
· Students demonstrate their understanding of self esteem and self control
2. Computer functions
Students will conduct research on the internet and design a Bocce ball golf course to fit their needs and fitness level. They will also include a presentation on their Bocce ball golf program.
Presentation creation tool (PowerPoint or Prezi.com Presentation)
3. Specific problem
Most of the students have no knowledge on how to play Bocce ball golf. Students will work on how to throw a Bocce ball and how to design a Bocce ball golf course.
4. Research and analysis
· Bocce ball golf for adapted physical education class
· Bocce ball golf courses for students
5. Results presentation
· Create a presentation using PowerPoint or Prezi.com Presentation to share your findings.
You could be (or pretend to be) speaking for one of these groups: Physical trainer, or former or current college athlete or professional player.
6. Student activities during computer use including problem-solving software applications
· Use browser and search engine and links provided for research
· Use presentation software like PowerPoint or Prezi.com Presentation to create final project
· Invite a local personal trainer in to speak to the class
7. Student activities before computer use
· Students identify questions to research
· Identify a search strategy including key words and using “not”
8. Student activities after computer use
- Whole group discussion pf the rules of Bocce ball golf
- Students will provide a new design of a Bocce ball golf course
9. Supporting activities
· Introduction to creating a scorecard for the class
· Invite another Physical Eduction class to play Bocce ball golf
- Grades for the unit will be determined by the following method
- 20% designing course and materials
- 80% Attendance and Participation
Explain how the lesson plan meets the needs, abilities, interests, and learning styles of each group.
Students work with another adapted physical education student in the design of a course to play on. The student will work with other students who have a range of abilities and varied learning styles. Students will design a tournament fot individual play. Adjustments will be made to accommodate ability issues.