Project : Create an invitation to a party!!!
Due Date: September 9, 2009 (Wednesday)
Assignment Guidelines: (Grammar Book p. 19)
Purpose: to create an invitation to a party or celebration
Audience: anyone who would read the invitation (fellow students, teacher)
Length: 1-2 paragraphs (see below)
You are going to create an invitation to a fictional party. It can be any party of your choice. In order to create an invitation, you need to make a plan for your party. The invitation should have the following information on it:
1. where? time? date? place? how long the party lasts?
2. For whom are you throwing the party?
3. Contact # for RSVP? Directions to house?
4. What kind of party is it?
5. What to bring to the party?
6. Activities, games, food you might have at the party (this is the part of your assignment which may be paragraph form - somewhere on your invitation)
7. Anything else your guests will need to know!
This invitation should be NO BIGGER THAN A PIECE OF TYPING PAPER OR NOTEBOOK PAPER!!!
You do not HAVE to use the computer to create it; the invitation's design is up to you. You can use notebook paper, typing paper, crayons, computer art, markers, etc., but the design and content should be appropriate for school. You can fold the paper to make a multi-sided invitation as well, as long as the paper is no bigger than a piece of typing paper or notebook paper!
HOW I WILL GRADE THE PROJECT:
I will be looking for the following items:
1. Did they put some thought into the invitation?
2. Did they include all the necessary information for the party?
3. Did they take time to make the invitation appealing and attractive?