5 Paragraph Essay
Introduction = (1st paragraph) introduces your topic to your reader
Parts in your Introduction Paragraph:
1. Hook: (1-2 sentences) = hooks your reader into reading your essay
2. Background = anything your reader needs to know before reading the rest of
3. Thesis statement = sentence that tells your reader the main point of your essay
Body Paragraphs = you will have 3 body paragraphs in a 5 paragraph essay
Body Paragraphs are the longest paragraphs in your essay.
Each body paragraph will have ONE idea in it.
Body Paragraphs are filled with 1) details, 2) events, or 3) story
Conclusion = (last paragraph) sums up what your essay is about
Parts to your Conclusion:
1. Restate your thesis = state your thesis statement using different words
2. “So What?” = explains why your paper is so important to write about