Hi! Welcome to my teacher page! Feel free to use any of the resources below!
“They succeed because they think they can.”
Science and Social Studies
Tips for Studying
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOUR CHILDREN LEARN HOW TO STUDY FOR TESTS?
1. Determine what the test will cover.
2. Organize all study materials.
3. Schedule time for studying
4. Use effective study techniques
-write important information down
-review study questions
Tips for Homework
GOOD HOMEWORK AND STUDY HABITS
1. Create an environment that is conducive to doing homework.
2. Set aside ample time for homework.
3. Establish a household rule that the TV stays off during homework time.
4. Be available to answer questions and offer assistance. ALways have the child complete their own homework.
5. If your child is struggling with a particular subject, and you aren't able to help, write a note to the child's teacher.
Here are a few suggested strategies for home reading:
Read To Your Child
Be a Reader Yourself
Have fun with language and print!
When your child is not very interested in the story-
* Read the first few pages aloud
* Talk about the story
* Help your child find a more interesting story
When the story is too long-
* Read every second page to the child
* Help your child find a shorter story
Enjoy This Reading Time Together-
Life-Time Readers Have Fun When They Read!!!