Review your technology vocabulary
If you Finish early you may go to the sponge activities
Strand: Knowledge Constructor
Standard: 3.d. build knowledge by actively exploring real-world issues and problems, developing ideas and theories and pursuing answers and solutions.
I Can Statements:
- I can build my knowledge by asking questions and seeking answers.
- I can create safe and secure passwords .
- I can reflect on what it’s like to multitask on a cellphone and consider the benefits of focusing on one task at a time.
- I can evaluate examples of online messages and decide what information is appropriate to share, and when.
- I can respond to cyberbullying scenarios and make choices to evolve into an upstander.
- I can choose effective keywords for searching online.
- I can give proper credit to the artists whose images and sound clips I use.
- Learn what components make a password secure.
- Identify ways they can create a memorable but secure password.
- Create a secure password.
- Learn that cellphones are powerful, convenient tools for communication.
- Experience a simulation on cellphone multitasking and distraction.
- Reflect on the benefits of focusing on one task at a time.
- Learn about copyright, credit, and plagiarism and apply their knowledge to their own creative work.
- Reflect on the ethical importance of giving credit to others for their work.
- Determine how to receive credit for their digital creations.
- Learn how keywords can help them find information online.
- Evaluate keywords for their relevance and helpfulness.
- Practice identifying the most effective keywords for different search scenarios.
- Compare different forms of cyberbullying and the roles of those involved.
- Interpret scenarios that illustrate the importance of empathizing with targets of cyberbullying.
- Identify ways to be an upstander when cyberbullying occurs.
- Reflect on the benefits of sharing online, while acknowledging that information can spread fast and far.
- Classify information that should be kept private online.
- Predict the effect an online post or message might have on someone’s reputation.