4/5/6H Homework - Term 3
Further information about Spelling
· Look, say, cover, write, check
· Write lists of other words with the same letter patterns.
· Write the words in a story/in sentences
· Use a dictionary to write the meanings
· Create some mnemonics to help you remember, eg. “you hear with your ear”
· Make a crossword or find-a-word
· Build the base words, eg. add suffixes/prefixes, other words made from them
· Find out the etymology of the words (ie. where the words come from)
· Find words that mean the same/opposite
· Make a spelling ladder
· Make a poster about a word
- Use the Internet to make a spelling game (although this could possibly be printed)
- Spell the words out loud to someone
Homework will continue to be sent home each Friday and is due the following Thursday.Any questions or concerns please contact me.