Koinonia Christian Fine and Performing Arts Academy is a vision of my own creation. It is my own personal belief that students need an environment of moral structure in which they can learn. I also believe that students should be able to express their own personal creative abilities beginning at the time they are able to attend school. Howard Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences has lead and guided my understanding that each child is unique in their learning styles and expression. Argosy (2011) states that a mission statement should be a “living document.” This document is not a permanent document and is designed to transform as the environment of the school changes. Because of the nature of the school, it is necessary for it to have a statement of faith. This statement is based on the collective values of the Christian Church derived from Biblical Scriptures.
Vision and Mission
The mission of Koinonia Christian Performing Arts Academy is to provide a nurturing atmosphere in which children can learn and develop academically, socially and spiritually. Through an intentional focus on the arts, it is our hope that each child will realize their potential and use their gifts and talents to enrich the community-at-large.
Koinonia Christian Performing Arts Academy seeks to establish a unique environment of learning and sharing by:
- Providing a literacy-based and performance-based curriculum in the arts including music, dance, visual art and drama/theatre.
- Implementing an invitational model of education which will offer an environment of trust, intentionality, respect, care and optimism.
- Offering a Christian perspective by which children can develop positive relationships with students, parents, teachers and administration of our professional learning community.
- Providing a comprehensive education in Math, Science, Language Arts and Social Studies.
- Using research-based teaching methods and assessment strategies, designed to develop the whole child and give a true portrait of their academic abilities.
- Integrating technology into the classroom setting to ensure student preparation for college and beyond.
Statement of Faith
- There is one God, who is an infinite Spirit. He is the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
- The Bible was supernaturally inspired by God so that all its words are the written, true, revelation of God. It is therefore inherent in the originals and authoritative in all matters.
- Adam, the first man, willfully disobeyed God, bringing sin and death into the world. As a result, all persons are sinners from conception, are subject to eternal punishment under the just condemnation of a Holy God.
- We believe in one God who manifested Himself of God in the church by emanation. We believe in one God who manifested Himself as Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Ghost in sanctification.
- Jesus Christ offered Himself as a sacrifice by the appointment of the Father. He fulfilled the demands of God by His obedient life, died on the cross in full substitution and the shedding of His blood as payment for the sins of all. He was buried and on the third day He arose physically and bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven where he intercedes for all believers.
- We affirm that each person can be saved only through the work of Jesus Christ, through repentance of sin and by faith alone in Him as Savior. The believer is declared righteous, born again by the Holy Spirit turned from sin and sealed to the day of redemption.
- We affirm that the Holy Spirit indwells in all who are born of the spirit, conforming them into the likeness of Jesus Christ. Every believer is responsible to live in obedience to the Word of God in separation from sin.