Week 2: September 4-11th
Tuesday, September 8th
· Journal: What are your expectations of me as your teacher? What can I do to make this class exciting, engaging, and productive?
· Edited introductions with a classmate. Mark them on a scale of 1-4 using the rubric on page 16 (in Focus on Writing.)
· Went over progress report grades with each student and made a plan for makeup work. As class finished assignment, they worked on late/absent work. (turn in all makeup work by September 25th.)
Wednesday, September 9th
· Journal: no journal.
· (Periods 3-5 only) Practice CHSEE exam. Exam is in the binder. Answer on a separate piece of paper and turn in.
Thursday, September 10th
· Journal: Movie Matchup game. Pick your favorite movie and in your journal, write a brief summary of what happens in it. · Played "Movie Matchup" game. (class activity- cannot be made up.
· Talked about MAIN IDEA= a 1-2 sentence summary of what the reading is about. What's the point? What is the author trying to say?
· Main idea assignment: (10 points.) o Find the main idea of the two "text messaging" passages and the three "main idea" passages found in the binder.
§ Your "main idea" summaries should only 1-2 sentences each. There should be summaries from five passages total. 2 points each.
Friday, September 11th
- Journal: Think about what you remember about the terrorist attacks of 911… How has it influenced/changed your life? How do you think your life would be different if it hadn’t ever happened?
- Played “Movie in a minute.” (Class activity… cannot be made up.)