Welcome to my website!
My name is Joann Watson and I teach Specialized Academic Instruction (Moderate to Severe disabilities) to 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders within a Life Skills program.
The Life Skills Program is the area content that I teach. In my class students receive many Life Skills lessons within weekly themes as well as acadmemics. In the Life Skills Program we have a daily plan that gives students skills that work on independence and understanding of daily life skills topics and themes through:
- Teacher-directed whole- and small-group instruction with the assistance hands on activities and assistive technology.
- Integretated technology with the use of iPads, chromebooks, and visual aides for specific topics.
- Modeled and guided practice for understanding of themed lessons.
- Encompassing all content areas such as: Math, Reading, Writing, Science, History, Communication, Adaptive Daily Living, and Vocational skills
- Whole group wrap up- review he theme lesson learned through direct questions
- Whole-Group instruction
- Is a teacher-led instruction in order to introduce the themed life skills and check for understanding; incorporate collaboration.
- Small-Group Differentiated Instruction
- Teacher-led differentiated instruction on the theme broken down for more hands on practice and understanding.
- Integrated Technology
- Whole group lead in or visual aide to introduce the topic or theme.
- Modeled and Guided Practice
- Peer practice with one another, role playing the themes for added understanding
- Whole-Group Wrap-Up
- Student reflection on learning.
Why do I teach?
There are many ways to format text! You can make text bold, you can make text italic, or you can use
strikeoutor underline options. Text can be BIG or small. Want text in a different color like red or blue?
You can even c o m b i n e the options.
“Block quotes are a great way to emphasize text.”
- George Washington (probably)
Paragraph and List Formatting
The default setting for paragraph text is left-aligned, non-justified text.
If you'd like, you can use right-aligned text.
Or even center-aligned text.
You can also justify text which fills in all of the horizontal space for a paragraph. When using this setting, your text will always fill in left to right for anything but the last line of a paragraph, just like you see in magazines and newspapers. This paragraph is a bit long, and it's just here to show you an example of justified text.
Want to create a numbered list?
- You can talk about one fish.
- Two fish.
- Perhaps even red fish or blue fish.
Bulleted lists are fun too.
- You can created a list of items.
- Add as many items as you'd like.
- You can even nest lists by pressing the Tab key on your keyboard.
- But wait, there's more!
This is a table. Tables are great for tabular data. Or just putting things in order. Right click tables for options.
Tip: You can copy the website address of any of your pages in a browser and paste it into the "URL" box when creating a link in the editor.
All that's left is your imagination and your plans! When you're ready, you can delete everything on this page and get started with your own content.
Remember, the changes you make here won't go live to the world until you click the Publish button above, and you can always save changes to your draft by clicking the Save button.
"In teaching others we teach ourselves" - Proverb
The Team at Educator Pages
The best way to predict your future is to create it." - Abraham Lincoln
The Team at Educator Pages