I have five simple rules that I ask my students to follow in addition to the rules laid out in the school's handbook. They are as follows:
1. Respect others, the school, and your teacher - this means treating others as you would like to be treated
2. Unless otherwise directed, wait to be called on before you speak - if you have a question or comment and you think you will forget, write it down so you have it when you are called on
3. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
4. Make sure your desk, and the area around your desk is kept clean - this means no trash on the floor, no loose papers hanging out in your desk, etc.
5. Be ready to learn - when you are in the classroom you should have all your materials, any homework, and anything else you need to learn and participate in class
If these rules are broken the following consequences will be implemented:
1. Student will recieve 2 verbal warnings
2. Student recieves written warning
3. Student fills out behavior contract signed by student and teacher
4. Meeting with student, teacher, and students parent(s)/guardian(s)
5. Referral to the Principal
I have a zero tolerance policy for fighting and derogatory language. If a student is caught doing either of these things they will not be reprimanded using the series of consequences, instead they activate the severe clasue which sends them directly to the Principal's office with a referral. I have gone over my consequences and severe clause with the students in class and each of them has signed off saying they understand the rules and consequences of breaking them. Additionally, a copy of the rules and severe clause should have came home with your student the first day of school. If you would like another copy please let me know and I will send one home with your child.