Make your own flash cards and practice at home.
What your first grader should know:
1. All addition and subtraction facts up through 10.
2. The value of: dollar, quarter, dime, nickel, penny. They should be able to tell the difference between each one, and add up combinations. Pull the change out of your purse and ask your first grader to count it. The more practice they get the better. One thing you can do, look up images of coins on google, copy and paste them to a word doc to make your own flash-cards with different combinations for them to count.
3. Fractions: Finding 1/2, 1/4, 1/3 of an object, and of a group. What you can do, when you give your child goldfish crackers for snack, have them find 1/4 of them first etc...
4. Days of the week, months of the year. How many days in a week? Months in a year?
5. How many inches are in a foot? (12) Feet in a yard? (3) Inches in a yard? (36) Things in a dozen? (12) Things in a half a dozen? (6) Cups in a pint? (2), pints in a quart? (2) Quarts in a gallon? (4). Ounces in a pound? (16)