Welcome to Mrs. Goodrich's Reading
Title of Story: The Harvest Birds
Paired Text: The Treasure
What do traditional tales tell readers about life?
Reading Target: I can draw conclusions about the events and characters in the story.
Literal vs. Nonliteral: An author can use words in different ways to tell a story. One way is to use a word's literal meaning, or its exact meaning. Another way is to use a word's nonliteral meaning, or a symbolic or figurative meaning of a word.
- IAR Practice Tests: State Wide Testing
- ReadTheory: Online passages and quizzes
- Spellingcity: Our spelling word lists with games
- EPIC: Online Books
- Great Books for Third Grade
- In The News: Kid's news
- GoNoodle: Fun songs to dance
- Illinois Reading Council Parent Resources
- How much time should my child spend reading each night?
- 3rd Grade Reading Under The Common Core
- Khan Academy