Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our fourth grade class website at Thigpen Elementary!
Biography-I have recieved my Bachelor's of Arts at St. Francis University. My life long goal has been to be a teacher. I strive for excellence. I believe each child is special and unique in their own way. My students will learn from me, as I will learn new material from them. It is my enjoyment to instill new learners and achievers for the future.
Description of Ms. Hjorth's Class- Ms. Hjorth's fourth grade star students goals by the end of the year:
- Read at a high level of fluency
- Utilize root words, prefixes, suffixes, and use context clues to analyze unfamiliar words
- Formulate mutiple paragraphs to form a story
- Use cause and effect to relate circumstances to draw a conclusion
- Add and subtract large numbers
- Complete basic multiplication and division
- Understand fractions and decimals and how to apply it
- Read data analysis graphs
- Recognize geometric shapes
- Understand the Solar System
- Learn and relate about living things and it's structure and function
- Understand the basic properties about matter and energy
- Learn about geography around the world
- Students will learn about Ancient Civilization and the U.S. Revolutionary period
* Students will work with groups and do individualized work throughout the year. Assessments will be made based on assignments, quizzes, test, and class participation.
- Listen when others are talking
- Follow directions
- Keep hands, feet, and other objects to yourself
- Work quietly and do not disturb others
- Show respect for the school and other's personal property
- Raise your hand before speaking
- Come to class prepared
- Stay on task
- Be polite and courteous to others at all times
Let's have a fun, safe, positive year!